Eligibility for free service: Any resident of Maquoketa or of rural Jackson County who is of legal age may apply for service at the Library for himself/herself and any dependents in the household. In addition, any Iowa resident who is eligible for a card from any Open Access Library in the state may receive service according to the statewide Open Access contract.
Registration. Patrons must verify the information on their registration cards every one to three years to be considered current. New registrants will be required to present a photo ID with their name and current address. If you have just moved here we will accept a photo ID and a piece of mail with your address on it. View our policy for more information.
How to use the library card
- Most materials have a three week lending period, DVDs are checked out for one week.
- Please return your materials to the desk or use our drop box outside of the library 24/7.
- You may stop in or call us to renew your materials; however, please be aware that if materials are on reserve for another patron you will not be able to renew. You can also renew your materials online if you have set up a PIN for your account. Stop in or call if you would like to set up a PIN.
- Late fees are 15 cents per day per item.
- If you have a suggestion for something you would like us to acquire, please let us know! You can inquire at the desk or fill out a request here.
- If you would like to reserve a material that is currently checked out, you can either reserve materials using our online catalog, calling the library, or stopping in.