President: Kendra Beck
Vice President: Jessica Pape
Trustee: Mary Pat Burns
Trustee: Lynn Bopes
Trustee: Jim England
Trustee: Cindy Hepker
Trustee: Judy Lyon
Trustee: Lori McCaulley
Public Library Board Roles:
1. Advocate for the library in the community and advocate for the community as a member of the library board. To be a library advocate is to work for the betterment of the library services for the community.
2. Plan for the future of the library. Planning is deciding what is going to happen with library services over the next few years. It is taking charge of the library's future and creating it to be responsive to what the community needs.
3. Monitor and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the library. The community puts its trust in the library board to make sure the library is operating the way it should. The board monitors monthly financial reports and approves the bills so they can be paid. The board also helps determine whether the community is satisfied with the service received from the library.
4. Set library policies. The library boards spends much of its time on plicy issues-developing policies and monitoring the effectiveness of those policies. (Policy is a carefully designed,broadly stated, written guideline for actions and decision of the library.) After they have been adopted by the board they are carried out by library staff on a daily basis.
5. Hire and evaluate the library director. The board hires a qualified director to manage the day-to-day operations of the library and works with the director, carefully respecting each other’s roles. The board also regularly evaluates the director to make sure the library operates well and in the best interest of those the library serves.