The Maquoketa Public Library is happy to provide free notary services. Services are available Monday - Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
If you need notary services, please:
- Call before your visit and confirm there is a staff member available.
- Bring a photo ID that includes a signature.
- Complete all documents EXCEPT for the signature and date fields.
- If you need witnesses, please bring them with you.
- Bring originals of documents or ID needing to be notarized. Notary Publics may notarize copies of passports, driver’s licenses, business documents, and diplomas but copies need to be made by the Notary Public here at the Maquoketa Public Library.
- According to Iowa Code, photocopies of public records such as birth certificates, death certificates, deeds and court records are not permitted to be notarized.
Please call us at 563-652-3874 or email email@example.com if you have questions.