The library has put into place a phased reopening plan. Right now, the building is still closed to the public. We are offering curbside service, online services and programming, and have staff in the building from 9-5 Monday through Friday to answer questions and prepare materials for you. This is Phase One of five.
We are hoping to start Phase Two on June 1st. This will depend on the state of COVID-19 cases in Jackson County and whether we are able to put into place all the necessary safety precautions. Phase Two will allow patrons to come in to browse or use the computers, copier, or fax machine by appointment. Here is some of the information regarding what will happen at this phase:
- Appointments will be available from 10 AM to 2 PM Monday through Friday.
- 30 minute appointments for browsing will be available for one individual or household at a time, one opening for Adult/YA and one for Children's at a time.
- 1 hour appointments for computers will available to individuals at one of 4 stations. Printing and copying will be available.
- Faxing will be available by appointment at the Children's desk.
- Bathrooms will be closed to the public.
- Meetings rooms will be unavailable.
- You can make an appointment by calling or emailing the library.
Please contact us if you have questions. We will do our best to keep you updated regarding the status of our services.
General Library Information
The library's digital collection, Bridges, is available on your phone, tablet, or computer twenty-four hours a day.
Staff will be available Monday-Friday from 9 to 5, so call us at 563-652-3874 if you have questions. You can also reach us by email, Facebook Messenger, or use our contact form to submit your questions and requests.
When you are looking for information, it's important to use reliable sources. Below is a list of sources that provide up-to-date and factual information. Always be cautious when reading information online, especially when the source is unclear or questionable.