Art Acquisition & Display
The purpose of accepting, collecting, and commissioning art works for the Maquoketa Public Library include the following:
- Enhancing the beauty of the building
- Expressing the history of the Library and its surrounding community
- Presenting the work of local artists and making it available to a wide public
- Calling attention to the natural, historical, and/or architectural beauty of Maquoketa, Jackson County, and the surrounding area
- Expressing themes and subjects related to cultural and literary history
All works of art accepted, purchased, or commissioned for display in the Library must be approved by the Board of Trustees.
Works of art owned by the Library are not intended to be displayed indefinitely. Trustees may decide to withdraw a work from display.
Adopted January 2003
Reviewed September 2007