Displays & Exhibits
Maquoketa Public Library welcomes exhibits and displays in the Library building on a rotating basis with the following understandings:
- The Library has two areas which lend themselves to various kinds of displays and exhibits. One is the glass display case outside the Local History Room, the other is the shelf above the magazine display plus shelf and table space which can be cleared in the Local History Room.
- Displays and exhibits must be of general interest and open to the public during regular Library hours. Commercial or political exhibits or displays are ordinarily not accepted. Exhibits or displays must meet acceptable community standards. Permission to display items in the library is an expression of the Library’s commitment to intellectual freedom it does not imply the Library endorsement.
- Those wishing to present a display will arrange their own materials under the general supervision of the library staff, furnish their own easels or equipment necessary for display, and take responsibility for damage to Library property.
- Exhibitors must agree to assume all risk for articles exhibited and sign an “Agreement of Assumption of Risk” form.
- No organization or individual will be permitted to solicit donations in the Library.
Request forms for making arrangements for exhibits are available at the main circulation desk. Completed forms are sent to the Library Director who will make the decision.
Adopted November 2005