Maquoketa Public Library Job Openings
The Maquoketa Public Library has a part-time opening for a Circulation Assistant. Applicants must have a high school diploma, GED, or currently be enrolled in high school. Good customer service and technology skills are required. Hours include weekday evenings, occasional Saturdays, and call-ins for a minimum of 8 hours per week. Equal opportunity employer. Applications and detailed job description can be obtained at the Maquoketa Public Library or online at maquoketa.lib.ia.us/jobs (see links to PDFs below). Applications must be returned to the library or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1:00 PM on Monday, December 10, 2018. Cover letters encouraged.
Start date: January 2, 2019
Circulation Assistant Duties
The Circulation Assistant provides customer service to patrons at both the adult and children's public service desks. In addition to primary responsibility for circulation desk duties, the Library Assistant is expected to provide reference help for patrons. Some collection maintenance, record-keeping, and technical services tasks are included in the job duties. Includes day, night, and weekend hours.
- Answer patron requests at the adult and children's public service desks
- Provide reference assistance to patrons using electronic and print resources
- Provide technical and computer assistance to patrons including Microsoft Office, email, other online resources, and self-serve printer
- Instruct patrons on how to use the library's catalog on online resources
- Use the library's online catalog to check materials in and out
- Keep daily statistics on paper
- Locate and re-shelve material including shifting materials at the request of the director
- Make interlibrary loan requests
- Manage reserved items
- Uphold and explain library policies and procedures
- Schedule meetings and room reservations in the library's online calendars
- Maintain patron information database, including signing up new patrons
- Periodically take part in educational opportunities to build library skills
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain patron confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned by Library Director
- Attending regular staff meetings encouraged but optional
Thank you for your interest in our library and our community!